Celebration Community Church’s (CCC) roots go all the way back to 1971 when the Lord led Larry and Carole Arendas to open their home and start a prayer meeting.
This meeting grew and in 1977 NJCC was originally incorporated in the State of New Jersey and then recognized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization by the federal government in 1978 under the name New Jerusalem Christian Church.
In the early years God gave the church the following guidelines for ministry:
1. Freely, freely you have received – Freely, freely give: Everyone is to receive counseling, prayer, deliverance, unconditional love and care.
2. I will teach you by the people I send you: Calling out to the Lord in all situations to grow in discernment, and exercising the gifts of the word of knowledge and understanding.
3. Lastly, the Lord established the basis of all ministries by highlighting the Scripture, Zechariah 4:6: Not by might, not by strength, but My Spirit, says the Lord.
Today, these early instructions received in the School of the Holy Spirit mark the ministries and ministers of NJCC.
Over the years NJCC’s location has changed several times moving from the Arendas home to the Dutch Neck School, then Beth Chaim Synagogue, the former Holiday Inn on Route 1, Nottingham Fire Hall, Reynolds Middle School, Hightstown and finally to our current location in Bordentown, New Jersey since 2014.
Our heritage is more than a series of locations for worship. Over the years, NJCC has been related to a number of Godly men who ministered to us apostolically, strengthening our growing church family. We honor the memory of those who helped shape our spiritual heritage:
• Bob and Gloria Bruce, Charlotte, NC
• John Hamrick, Powder Springs, GA
• Russ Williamson, Ashville, NC
• Resurrection Churches & Ministries (now Antioch Churches & Ministries)
• Floyd Baker, Lancaster, PA
• Don Atkin, Charlotte, NC
• Larry and Carole Arendas, NC (Spirit & Truth Ministries, International)